"Because they don’t teach the truth about the world, schools have to rely on beating students over the head with propaganda about democracy. If schools were, in reality, democratic, there would be no need to bombard students with platitudes about democracy. They would simply act and behave democratically, and we know this does not happen. The more there is a need to talk about the ideals of democracy, the less democratic the system usually is."
Noam Chomsky (via fuckyeahradicaled)
1. Your skin may never be perfect, and that’s okay.
2. Life is too short not to have the underwear, the coffee, and the haircut you want.
3. Everyone (including your family, your coworkers, and your best friend) will talk about you behind your back, and you’ll talk about them too. It doesn’t mean you don’t love each other.
4. It’s okay to spend money on things that make you happy.
5. Sometimes without fault or reason, relationships deteriorate. It will happen when you’re six, it will happen when you’re sixty. That’s life."
Five things I am trying very hard to accept (via acryliuc)
We’ve all heard of Betty Boop. But how many of you knew that she was based off of a BLACK woman.
Yes Betty Boop was based off of Ms.Esther Jones known by her stage name “Baby Esther”. She was an African-American singer and entertainer of the 1920’s. Her singing trademark was “Boop oop da doop” hence the name Betty Boop! She performed regularly at the cotton club in Harlem,New York.
Labor Day weekend before the new semester begins! #happylaborday #fambam #nuggets
"Be more like the sun. For the sun radiates it’s own light. Be that light to everyone so that you may share your warmth to the world." -lolo’s wise words before he passed. I still know he looks over me. Thank you Lolo for teaching me this lesson. This is my driving force and purpose in these 22 years. And thank you Everyone who has taken the time to remember to shine their own light on me today. I am very grateful. #birthday #22
Epic timing of life!!!! #computerhacker in progress. #theforce
"All the darkness in the world cannot extinguish the light of a single candle."
Francis of Assisi, The Little Flowers of St. Francis of Assisi (via kushandwizdom)